Venturi Flow Transducer - Looking for source 
Author Message
 Venturi Flow Transducer - Looking for source

I'm looking for a source for aninexpensive venturi flow transducer
for an automotive exhaust gas monitoring project.  'Way back in 1980,
I worked for an anesthesia department, and we used such devices to
monitor respiratory flow from anesthetized surgical patients.  
Such transducers would work nicely for this application - the flow
rates we would like to monitor are from about .5 CFM to no more than
10 CFM.  The device we used back then was a hard plastic tube which
plugged into the endotrach tube between the respirator and the balloon
cuff, and had a small flap in the path of the flow, with small
outlets on each side of the flap leading to flexible tubing, which in
turn were connected to an electronic differential pressure transducer.
By knowing the cross-section of the tube, plus the differential
pressure, we were able to calculate the flow.

It is the plastic part, or its contemporary equivalent,
that I'm looking for now.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Tue, 05 Nov 1996 21:56:02 GMT
 [ 1 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Looking for source of Pneumotachograph for flow measurement

2. WWW: Easy Breathe Jet-Venturi System

3. where to buy a tactil transducer, tinnitus

4. ultrasonic transducer array with CW

5. ultrasonic transducer array with CW

6. seek ultrasonic toothbrush with real ultrasonic transducer

7. Ultrasound Transducers

8. SOS Low Cost Medical Ultrasound Transducers

9. Looking for Information Source on Autism

10. Looking for Info Source on Autism

11. Special filter source (looking for one!)

12. Looking for WWW source

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software