Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise 
Author Message
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise
Quote:

> > >The "GAP" has been
> > >with us only so long as we have been measuring it, which is vastly
> > >insufficient of a period ..
> ....
> > Erm, for 35 years now and counting,

> You are declaring an absolute refutation of a hypothesis regarding
> change over many centuries based on a few decades of statistical
> data, even with which you have to ignore evidence of the Flynn
> effect for your childish pretend-argument to work.

Boy, boys stop arguing ! You are both right in a way.
All human races evolved from a common stem, which evolved from
...back..back.. a common bacteria.
In the course of evolution, different 'groups' evolved different
attributes both physical and MENTAL.
Obviously the attribute which is labelled IQ, by some differs
from group to group. But importantly, since evolution continues,
IQ like average height and colour also evolves.
Of course the substantial genetic component of IQ takes several
generations to vary noticably.   A significant factor in varying the
'european' [and Japanese] IQ would be that lower IQ parents have
many more children the higher IQ parents.

== Chris Glur.

It's like the crash of the US economy: it takes time for the
causes to work through to the inevitable effects.
  Be happy don't worry.



Sun, 05 Sep 2010 23:31:39 GMT
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise

Quote:

> > > >The "GAP" has been
> > > >with us only so long as we have been measuring it, which is vastly
> > > >insufficient of a period ..
> > ....
> > > Erm, for 35 years now and counting,

> > You are declaring an absolute refutation of a hypothesis regarding
> > change over many centuries based on a few decades of statistical
> > data, even with which you have to ignore evidence of the Flynn
> > effect for your childish pretend-argument to work.

> Boy, boys stop arguing ! You are both right in a way.
> All human races evolved from a common stem, which evolved from
> ...back..back.. a common bacteria.
> In the course of evolution, different 'groups' evolved different
> attributes both physical and MENTAL.
> Obviously the attribute which is labelled IQ, by some differs
> from group to group. But importantly, since evolution continues,
> IQ like average height and colour also evolves.
> Of course the substantial genetic component of IQ takes several
> generations to vary noticably. ? A significant factor in varying the
> 'european' [and Japanese] IQ would be that lower IQ parents have
> many more children the higher IQ parents.

> == Chris Glur.

> It's like the crash of the US economy: it takes time for the
> causes to work through to the inevitable effects.
> ? Be happy don't worry.

IQ tests are skills tests, not intelligence tests.  These are
culturally specific skills, being tested by white men and women.
Hence, white men and women do better at these skills tests.
Questions?


Sun, 05 Sep 2010 23:34:29 GMT
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise

Quote:

> >IQ tests are skills tests, not intelligence tests. ?These are
> >culturally specific skills, being tested by white men and women.
> >Hence, white men and women do better at these skills tests.

> No, they don't. East Asians consistently outperform Whites.

> DK

Chinese and Japanese are much more difficult languages to teach in
school than other languages.  Their pictographic nature requires
schoolchildren in these countries to acquire higher skills levels in a
number of areas than children taught phonetic languages like english,
french, german or spanish.  They aren't smarter.  Just better trained,
from an earlier age, because communication requires it.


Sat, 11 Sep 2010 22:12:11 GMT
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise

Quote:




> >> >IQ tests are skills tests, not intelligence tests. =A0These are
> >> >culturally specific skills, being tested by white men and women.
> >> >Hence, white men and women do better at these skills tests.

> >> No, they don't. East Asians consistently outperform Whites.

> >> DK

> >Chinese and Japanese are much more difficult languages to teach in
> >school than other languages. Their pictographic nature requires
> >schoolchildren in these countries to acquire higher skills levels in a
> >number of areas than children taught phonetic languages like english,
> >french, german or spanish. They aren't smarter. Just better trained,
> >from an earlier age, because communication requires it.

> The ARE smarter. Your argument is about language - which directly
> contradicts reality: East Asians hold no or tiny advantage over Whites
> in the verbal area but a consistent and relatively huge advantage in
> the math-related subjects.

> So, please wake up to reality and accept the obvious.

> DK- Hide quoted text -

> - Show quoted text -

Although I agree that Northeast Asians are smarter it still is the
whites who invent almost all the new concepts.  Lasers, color TV,
digital broadcasting using the binary system, color copying.  Asians
seem better at putting these concepts through engineering into
products---possibly because of their visual spatial superiority---as
marked as their math superiority.

I can't help but thing that Caucasian superiority in inventiveness is
related to the emotional difference of "extroversion" and
"introversion" with the Whites being the extroverts.

Asians want to fit in and not call attention to themselves. "The nail
that sticks up will be hammered down."  Whites are the opposite and
want to "stand out", "be their own man" and call attention to
themselves.

If you read how Edison or Farnsworth did what they did, or even
Einstein---it was from obsessively thinking about their puzzle or
wished for invention day and night.  Why such effort---to stand out,
to make a difference.



Sun, 12 Sep 2010 15:10:24 GMT
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise


Quote:





>> >> >IQ tests are skills tests, not intelligence tests. =A0These are
>> >> >culturally specific skills, being tested by white men and women.
>> >> >Hence, white men and women do better at these skills tests.

>> >> No, they don't. East Asians consistently outperform Whites.

>> >> DK

>> >Chinese and Japanese are much more difficult languages to teach in
>> >school than other languages. ?Their pictographic nature requires
>> >schoolchildren in these countries to acquire higher skills levels in a
>> >number of areas than children taught phonetic languages like english,
>> >french, german or spanish. ?They aren't smarter. ?Just better trained,
>> >from an earlier age, because communication requires it.

>> The ARE smarter. Your argument is ?about language - which directly
>> contradicts reality: East Asians hold no or tiny advantage over Whites
>> in the verbal area but a consistent and relatively huge advantage in
>> the math-related subjects.

>> So, please wake up to reality and accept the obvious.

>> DK- Hide quoted text -

>> - Show quoted text -

>Although I agree that Northeast Asians are smarter it still is the
>whites who invent almost all the new concepts.  Lasers, color TV,
>digital broadcasting using the binary system, color copying.  Asians
>seem better at putting these concepts through engineering into
>products---possibly because of their visual spatial superiority---as
>marked as their math superiority.

>I can't help but thing that Caucasian superiority in inventiveness

Up until 17th century, China and Korea were inventing stuff earlier
than Europe.  


Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:18:28 GMT
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise

Quote:




> >> >IQ tests are skills tests, not intelligence tests. =A0These are
> >> >culturally specific skills, being tested by white men and women.
> >> >Hence, white men and women do better at these skills tests.

> >> No, they don't. East Asians consistently outperform Whites.

> >> DK

> >Chinese and Japanese are much more difficult languages to teach in
> >school than other languages. ?Their pictographic nature requires
> >schoolchildren in these countries to acquire higher skills levels in a
> >number of areas than children taught phonetic languages like english,
> >french, german or spanish. ?They aren't smarter. ?Just better trained,
> >from an earlier age, because communication requires it.

> The ARE smarter. Your argument is ?about language - which directly
> contradicts reality: East Asians hold no or tiny advantage over Whites
> in the verbal area but a consistent and relatively huge advantage in
> the math-related subjects.

> So, please wake up to reality and accept the obvious.

> DK- Hide quoted text -

> - Show quoted text -

They have no verbal advantage because their languages aren't verbal.
They are pictographic.  Or, the written languages are.  Their
communication skills in written Chinese and Japanese translate
directly into the visual skills required in much of mathematics.
Written Chinese and Japanese are visual, not verbal.

As I say, IQ tests are just skills tests.  That's all they can be.
Anyone trained in the relevant skill will do well on IQ tests.
Anyone.



Sun, 12 Sep 2010 23:54:32 GMT
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise

Quote:







> >> >> >IQ tests are skills tests, not intelligence tests. =A0These are
> >> >> >culturally specific skills, being tested by white men and women.
> >> >> >Hence, white men and women do better at these skills tests.

> >> >> No, they don't. East Asians consistently outperform Whites.

> >> >> DK

> >> >Chinese and Japanese are much more difficult languages to teach in
> >> >school than other languages. ?Their pictographic nature requires
> >> >schoolchildren in these countries to acquire higher skills levels in a
> >> >number of areas than children taught phonetic languages like english,
> >> >french, german or spanish. ?They aren't smarter. ?Just better trained,
> >> >from an earlier age, because communication requires it.

> >> The ARE smarter. Your argument is ?about language - which directly
> >> contradicts reality: East Asians hold no or tiny advantage over Whites
> >> in the verbal area but a consistent and relatively huge advantage in
> >> the math-related subjects.

> >> So, please wake up to reality and accept the obvious.

> >> DK- Hide quoted text -

> >> - Show quoted text -

> >Although I agree that Northeast Asians are smarter it still is the
> >whites who invent almost all the new concepts. ?Lasers, color TV,
> >digital broadcasting using the binary system, color copying. ?Asians
> >seem better at putting these concepts through engineering into
> >products---possibly because of their visual spatial superiority---as
> >marked as their math superiority.

> >I can't help but thing that Caucasian superiority in inventiveness

> - Show quoted text -
> Up until 17th century, China and Korea were inventing stuff earlier
> than Europe.  - Hide quoted text -

Some stuff.  That may have been because they were more stable
politically.  Which may have been because they were isolated in a
corner of Asia by mountains, deserts and oceans.

Intelligence is virtually impossible to define as a concept, so, how
could we meaningfully test it?

We test skills.  In the early part of the twentieth century, Whites
always scored higher.  Now, Asians score slightly higher than whites.
Because Asians require more intensive schooling to acquire their
pictographic languages.  They don't really learn their "alphabet" till
the eigth grade!

So



Sun, 12 Sep 2010 23:57:40 GMT
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise

Quote:

> You can say it as many times as you want but it's wrong.
> It's awfully hard to significantly improve one's IQ scores.
> As an indirect proof, consider numerous "SAT prep"
> companies, courses and books - all of which have absolutely
> pathetic track record of not being able to raise the score by
> more than can be done with just teaching basic test taking
> techniques.

Intelligence can't even be defined.  So, how can you test it?

These are skills tests.  Anyone can train to take these tests.  And
scores will inevitably improve.  This is prima facie obvious, but no
experiments are done because the psychologists who do the testing have
a vested interest in the concept.  IQ tests are a scam.  Sorry buddy.

By the way, I'm a member of Mensa, myself.

Just a scam.



Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:39:57 GMT
 Scientific Data Show Races Differ in Intelligence - Dogma Holds Otherwise

Quote:


> >> Up until 17th century, China and Korea were inventing stuff earlier
> >> than Europe. ?- Hide quoted text -

> >Some stuff. ?That may have been because they were more stable
> >politically. ?

> They weren't.

> >Which may have been because they were isolated in a
> >corner of Asia by mountains, deserts and oceans.

> Equally well, it was Europe that was "isolated".

> >Intelligence is virtually impossible to define as a concept, so, how
> >could we meaningfully test it?

> It is virtually impossible to define "green", yet we do just fine
> measuring wavelengths that roughly correspond to it. IQ scores
> correlate damn well with things we "know" require high
> intelligence. As such, they are useful.

> >We test skills. ?

> Sure. One of the definitions of "skill" is "aptitude". SAT
> correlates with various IQ tests to the same extent as they
> correlate with each other.

> DK

> DK

Any Psychologist who attempts to systematically challenge traditional
IQ testing will be isolated and blacklisted by the field.

The term "intelligence" is meaningless.

All we can know about is skills.



Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:54:26 GMT
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. GPS tagged hand held digintal data collection

2. IQ tests show intelligence is genetic.

3. Request for Scientific Data Bases Locations

4. Race IQ and forget Scientific debate..Crunch plays the race card

5. Race, intelligence, and anti-racist prejudice (Was: Genetic Evolution)

6. Race, intelligence, and anti-racist prejudice (Was: Genetic Evolution)

7. Race, intelligence, and anti-racist prejudice (Was: Genetic Evolution)

8. Race, intelligence, and anti-racist prejudice (Was: Genetic Evolution)

9. intelligence and race

10. intelligence and race


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software